Facts About Dryer & Vents
Schedule a Dryer Vent Cleaning Appointment Click Here to Get Started!
Cloths Drying Energy Saving Tips
- Separate clothes for drying purposes. Lightweight synthetics dry much faster than bath towels or natural fiber materials such as denim.
- Don't over-dry clothes. Take clothes out while they are still slightly damp. This will reduce the need for ironing. Over-drying also causes shrinkage, increases static electricity, and shortens fabric life.
- Dry two or more loads in a row. Take advantage of the heat still in the dryer from the first load.
- Don't add wet items to a load that is partially dry. This will cause the dryer to run longer. Dry full loads when possible. Drying small loads wastes energy.
- Clean the lint trap after each load. A clogged lint trap will restrict air flow and reduce dryer performance.
- Check the vent to the outside. Proper ventilation is important for the proper operation of your dryer. Keep it clean and free from obstruction.
- Use a "solar clothes dryer" - hang clothes outdoors. In good weather, take advantage of the sun... it's free.
- Read our Dryer Vent Cleaning Check List!